Friday, February 11, 2011

Froggy Boots

As I have mentioned before, I have the greatest quilting and sewing buddy  (Daffodil) who lives across the street.  She has craft ADD just like I do, so it works out great!  We both have at least 75 or so different projects in various stages at the same time.

About 3 weeks ago, I picked up a pattern for baby shoes from Joann's.  They looked like they would be really cute, but I was disappointed with the way the pattern had you finish them.

Daffy's looked much better than mine, but we both agreed that we needed to keep working on them.

She began searching Etsy for a good pattern, and found a bunch of great ones!

She had made a couple and invited me over for a little girls night of crafting.  I chose to use some of my frog fabric that I had been saving for the perfect project.  This was it!

The pattern was easy to follow, and fairly simple to make.  

I loved the way they turned out. 

They will be perfect for my new nephew who is expected to arrive this summer, and I'll even get to deliver them myself when I head out to a family wedding next month!

Daffy made a bunch of darling shoes from all of the different patterns.  I love the fabrics she chose!

Daffy is selling her booties in her Etsy shop.  I'm still deciding if I want to add yet another item to my shop.  I will definitely be making them for baby gifts though! 

1 comment:

  1. I adore those!!! You are so good at all that type of stuff. I LOVE the frog print!

    ReplyDelete